WORK AT MAST LANDING
Mast Landing Brewing Company, in Westbrook, ME, is expanding its production capacity and seeking a qualified and experienced Production Manager to join the team.
Mast Landing Brewing Company is in its third year of operations in Westbrook, ME (10 minutes outside Portland, ME). We’re currently operating a 7 bbl brewhouse with a current annual production of approximately 4,200 bbls. With plans to expand to a 30 bbl brewhouse and more than double production by mid-2019, we are seeking a passionate, driven, and dedicated individual to lead our production team.
Job Title: Production Manager, Full Time
Reports to: VP & Director of Brewing Operations
Directly oversees: Production team of Brewers & Cellar Technicians, Packaging Manager, Lab Manager
State Date: Immediate
Pay: Competitive & DOE
The Production Manager is a leadership position to oversee all of our beer production, reporting directly to the VP & Director of Brewing Operations. The Production Manager will ensure that production, process and quality goals are achieved as we work towards our business goals. This position will oversee brewing, cellaring, packaging, maintenance, quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC), and production planning (ordering of supplies, forecasting burn rates of raw materials, personnel management, personnel scheduling, hiring and firing, etc.). Ensuring a safe workplace, meeting production requirements, promoting quality improvement targets, operating sustainable, and having a mindset of achieving excellence will be of critical importance.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Lead a production staff capable of meeting/exceeding the goals of the brewery.
· Ensure that all production activities are conducted in alignment with MLBC safety, quality, and sustainability initiatives.
· Provide relevant training, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
· Conduct regular performance evaluations in accordance with Company policy and provide appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary.
· Work closely with head brewer to generate daily production schedules and ensure that they are met.
· Interact routinely with the management team to ensure production schedules meet customers’ needs while balancing the age of full goods inventory and minimizing out-of-stock situations.
· Work with the production team to develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of production: brewing, cellaring, packaging, maintenance, QA/QC, and others as directed by management.
· Develop performance and productivity metrics for all production areas and hold team members accountable for achieving those goals.
· Develop and maintain proper yeast management practices to ensure consistent fermentations that meet quality standards and keep pace with desired production goals.
· Own production sustainability goals and seek out innovative solutions to not only ensure achievement but continually enhance brewery performance.
· Oversee sanitation and upkeep of all production facilities including the main production brewery, fermentation cellar, packaging areas, as well as any other facilities the Company may acquire. Look to incorporate elements of lean manufacturing principles as appropriate.
· Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers at all levels to meet company goals.
· Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program for all equipment to maximize overall production efficiency.
· Be the point of contact between senior management and the production, quality and maintenance teams.
· Be proficient in the brewing process and be able to brew in accordance with Company QA/QC expectations as needed.
· Be the point of contact with all wholesalers to balance production and sales goals as set forth by the senior management team.
· Demonstrates a mastery of the beer production process.
· Management level experience in a production brewery or food production facility with firsthand experience in developing new processes and managing culture.
· Formal education and/or equivalent professional brewing/food production experience.
· BS or BA in Business, Management, Operations, Engineering, Biology or Chemistry is preferred but not required.
· 3-5 years of leadership experience, preferably in the craft beer industry.
· Exceptional analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
· A strong understanding of process controls.
· Extensive knowledge of food/brewing industry compliance standards.
· Excellent computer/tablet/app based skills.
· Familiar with brewery management software programs.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, leadership, and team building skills.
· Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a ‘get-it-done, can-do’ attitude.
· Excellent organization skills and ability to develop and execute long range plans and goals.
· Ability to effectively hire, train, coach, and terminate employees as the situation requires.
The overall nature of the position requires moderate physical exertion with constant minimal or sedentary style desk work. There is frequent exposure to extreme cold, extreme heat, temperature changes, industrial noises, and exposure to chemicals and wet conditions as well as industrial type equipment. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. regularly.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire, motivate, and lead a team.
· Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing situations.
· Detail oriented.
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
· Ability to give and take direction.
· Driven to go above and beyond.
Please email all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
*Please note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.
Mast Landing Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mast Landing Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.